Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Praying for All to be Well

We just returned from Oregon. Both of my parents are in not-so-good health. My mother decided it was time for Hospice to be brought in. I am so thankful to have them caring for my dad. My 90-year-old parents are not very well acquainted with Hospice. They are not very comfortable talking about death so this was an enoroumos step for them.

My mantra these days is "All will be Well." Julian of Norwich, who some believe was the first woman to write a book, made her mark on the world with these powerful words: "All will be well
And all will be well
And all manner of things will be well."

Talk about an "attitude of graditude!" This all happened when she had a visionary experience during a serious illness. Years later she is credited with writing what is now called, "Showings or Revelations of Divine Love." So when things are seemingly at their very worst knowing that "All will be Well," provides abiding hope to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment