Friday, January 22, 2010

About my Wonderful Business

The first set of Prayer Beads that I bought were so special. I couldn’t bear to part with them. I carried them in my pocket, my car, and my purse. Each bead held a message for me. “Be Still and hear The Word,” the beads seemed to say.

Soon, I wanted everyone to have prayer beads. I gave so many away. The first ones were of recycled jewelry and not very sturdy. Someone asked if I could make them for a Stephen’s Ministry Group and other’s wanted them for a choir, and still more for Daughter’s of the King. And so my business started.

Where have my beads been, you ask? Well they have been just about everywhere. You’ll find them in Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Great Britain, Japan, Germany, Holland and the good old USA. More importantly, they have been in birthing rooms, board rooms, vestry meetings, exams, airplanes, backpacks, tanks, purses, pockets. And just who has my prayer beads? I’ve made them for Catholics, Episcopalians, Anglicans, Methodists, Lutherans, Baptists, and many more. You will find them in the hands of ministers, soldiers, sailors, police officers, nurses, teens, doctors, grandparents, students, parents and even cowboys. And what makes them so special? Your prayers of course!

These praying beads are made of natural materials like gemstones and olivewood. A few are made of glass. Each set is unique. I do not mass produce. My prices are low because I want everyone to be able to afford them. And over the past 12 years I have found wonderful, loyal suppliers who have not increased their prices. I ship immediately because nobody likes to wait. I will provide a discount for purchases of 10 or more sets. I will always repair broken prayer beads and usually I do not charge unless you lose most of the beads or the cross.

Please enjoy my website. It’s organized by types of crosses and rosaries. I strive to accurately describe each set. If you find a mistake or problem on the site, please let me know. I’m the webmaster and the bead stringer. I am assisted by a loving spouse and two Golden Retrievers.

No comments:

Post a Comment